The process to register to vote is far easier than most people think. You fill out a short application, fold it up, and drop it in the mail. The postage is already paid, so you don’t even need to lick a stamp. It’s just that simple!
You can register to vote in New Jersey if:
- You are a United States citizen
- You will be 18 years of age by the next election
- You will be a resident of the state and county 30 days before the election
- You are NOT currently serving a sentence, probation, or parole because of a felony conviction
How to Register to Vote in Essex County
1. Download one of the following forms:
2. Fill out the form.
3. Fold and tape it shut as shown at the bottom of the form.
4. Drop it in the mail, and you’re done!
Important – The registration deadline to vote in the next election is 21 days prior to that election. If time is running out, you can submit your registration form in person to:
Essex County Commissioner of Registration
Hall of Records
465 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, RM 417A
Newark, NJ 07102-9852
It’s never too early to register to vote and it only takes a few minutes, so don’t wait!
Not sure if you’re registered to vote?
Need to find out where your polling station is located?
Visit the Voter Registration Information page on the State of New Jersey’s website:
Essex County Clerk’s Office: