The process to register to vote is far easier than most people think. You fill out a short application, fold it up, and drop it in the mail. The postage is already paid, so you don’t even need to lick a stamp. It’s just that simple!
You can register to vote in New Jersey if:
- You are a United States citizen
- You will be 18 years of age by the next election
- You will be a resident of the state and county 30 days before the election
- You are NOT currently serving a sentence, probation, or parole because of a felony conviction
How to Register to Vote in Essex County
1. Download one of the following forms:
2. Fill out the form.
3. Fold and tape it shut as shown at the bottom of the form.
4. Drop it in the mail, and you’re done!
Important – The registration deadline to vote in the next election is 21 days prior to that election.
It’s never too early to register to vote and it only takes a few minutes, so don’t wait!
For further information, please see the Voter Registration Information page on the State of New Jersey’s website: